[tex-live] metapost doc sources available

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 20 20:21:06 CEST 2004

Thanks to Dylan Thurston at Debian, John Hobby has released the sources
to the base metapost documentation, mpman and mpgraph, under a free
(same as metapost itself) license.  Hobby originally write them for
LaTeX 2.09; Dylan updated them to LaTeX 2e, and Hobby has approved the
current versions.

I checked them in to Master/texmf-dist/doc/metapost/base[/source], and
rearranged that directory considerably, as well as hacked the index.html
there, etc.  Sorry, Ulrich, I did not integrate the Makefiles; there's a
simple one for mpman and mpgraph, but I didn't touch yours for mpintro
and grdemo.  If you or anyone would like to finish that up, it would be
great.

If/when it looks ok, I guess I'll submit to CTAN, unless someone else
would like to take responsibility for this area ...

Thanks,