[tex-live] A bit of topic: Adobe plugin and PDF files made by latex

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Jun 11 16:57:30 CEST 2004

When using the adobe plugin for acrobat reader (in my case version 5.0.5
and mozilla firefox on Linux)

The plugin fails to display some pdf files made using pdflatex. they end
up just being blank or just showing a few words or characters.

I just wanted to know wheter other people have had the same experiences

And if anyone had any idea what's causing this.

Downloading the file to disk and then launching acrobat works fine.

I hadn't experienced the problem on Linux before, but
problem has also been reported on windows using IE

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
 -- Abraham Lincoln