[tex-live] free software, DFSG

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Mon Jun 7 00:06:26 CEST 2004

On 2004-06-06 19:51:52 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

[hear, hear] :-)

> In contrast, we still have a gaping hole in the TeX world, for a
> robust maintainable extendible code base.  I just doubt that Omega2
> will ever make it there.  Not because it would not be needed or

The impression I got from John's talk at BachoTeX was that O2 is
to be released at TUG2004 and then the O2-team will move on
developing something much better which is not hampered by
compatiblity to TeX. And O2 will be left as a monument.

Best regards
    Martin
               Martin Schröder, ms at artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany
          Voice +49 421 20419-44 / Fax +49 421 20419-10
                    http://www.artcom-gmbh.de