[tex-live] free software, DFSG

Stepan Kasal kasal at ucw.cz
Fri Jun 4 12:04:04 CEST 2004

Hello Sebastian,

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:48:17AM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Stepan Kasal wrote:
>
> > If TeXlive is built on TeX, I think it's bound to accept "Knuthian"
> >from everyone, not only from DEK himself.
> >
> I don't agree. I see no reason at all to copy Knuth's historical mistakes.
> I agree that his stuff on TL is anomalous, but it is a known weirdness.
> Personally,
> I think that cult of personality which pervades the TeX world is one of its
> biggest problems.

OK, thanks for explanation.

The fact that OFS won't be included on TeXlive causes bad feelings against
free software community among Czech TeX users.

I have to understant that there are problems which don't have good solution
in this imperfect world.

Thank you for quick response to my mail.
	Stepan Kasal