[tex-live] installation errors with the current snapshot

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 15:14:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

Fixing updmap.cfg generation error made all the installation
errors/warnings go away.

So, the only problem that still remains is --- the end result doesn't work
due to not being able to generate any fmt files.

If I try to run "texconfig init" by hand then it loops forever because of
xmltex.fmt.

Now, I cc'd Yannis Haralambous because the file
texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/eohyph.tex says:

% --> for Unicode issues contact Yannis.Haralambous at univ-lille1.fr

and the error I get is at line 37, 55, 96 and every line that
contains "^^^^" i.e. Unicode stuff:

(/home/tl/TeX/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/eohyph.tex
! Nonletter.
l.37 .^^^
         ^01084
! Bad \patterns.
l.37 .^^^^
          01084
! Nonletter.
l.37 .^^^^01
            084
! Nonletter.
l.37 .^^^^0108
              4
! Nonletter.
l.55 .^^^
         ^01102
! Bad \patterns.

Kind regards
Tigran

PS. The file hello.tex which I try to run pdflatex on is simply:

\documentclass[pdftex,a4paper,12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{center}
Hello, world!
\end{center}