[tex-live] Port of TeX Live to x86_64 architecture?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 22:08:30 CEST 2004

Ok, good news, I have just compiled it and it produced 229 binaries:

/usr/src/Build/source.development# ls bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/| wc
    229     229    2056
/usr/src/Build/source.development# bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/tex
This is TeXk, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.3)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**
! End of file on the terminal... why?
/usr/src/Build/source.development# file bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/tex
bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/tex: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64,
version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared
libs), stripped
/usr/src/Build/source.development# uname -a
Linux tank 2.6.7 #1 SMP Tue Jun 29 19:04:29 BST 2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

So, now do I just copy this directory to Master/bin and Master/ will
become a new TeX Live DVD or do I need some massaging of files in some
way? (looking at your makeimage script suggests that there is nothing
extra to be done, but I thought I should ask just in case).

Also, I haven't checked the install-compr.sh to see how it detects the
architecture (presumably `uname -m`?) to select which binaries to copy.

Btw, it took about 4 minutes to compile and I uploaded the output from
Build here, in case someone wants to double-check everything is OK:

  http://www.bibles.org.uk/x86_64

Kind regards
Tigran