[tex-live] Documentation missing for many packages

Harald Harders h.harders at tu-bs.de
Wed Jan 21 17:07:38 CET 2004

I have sent this mail a few ours ago when I wasn't yet subscribed to the
mailing list. Thus, please excuse me if you get it twice.

I have one problem with the TeXLive 8 installation for Linux (with
Windows, I have not tested it):

For many packages, the documentation is not installed (in the
directory $TEXMF/doc/latex) although I have selected to install
documentation. I do not have a detailed list of packages where this
happens, but here are some examples:

numprint:
  installed: README numprinttest.dvi numprinttest.tex
  missing:   numprint.pdf

babelbib:
  installed: README  babelbibtest.dvi  babelbibtest.tex
  missing:   babelbib.dvi

cmbright:
  installed: copyrite.txt  manifest.txt  readme
  missing:   cmbright.dvi

multibib:
  installed: README
  missing:   multibib.dvi

changebar:
  installed: 00readme.txt  catalog.txt  changebar.bug  chbar.1  manifest.txt
  missing:   changebar.dvi

This is just a small list. This bug cause »texdoc« not to work as
expected. When calling »texdoc numprint« for instance, a netscape window
opens with the catalogue entry instead of the documentation.

For some packages, the documentation is installed as requested.

Is there a possibility to fix that problem without waiting for the next
release of TeXLive? Is there an easy and quick way to install the missing
documentation files for all installed packages?

Yours
Harald

--
Harald Harders                           Langer Kamp 8
Institut für Werkstoffe                  D-38106 Braunschweig