[tex-live] Re: [tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 13 15:28:16 CET 2004

    I think you'll find no change at all.

So, for example, if I run pdfetex with DVI enabled instead of pdf,
pstricks will work?  I suppose so -- it's just falling back on the
original code, essentially, right?

     * any ways in which pdfeTeX does NOT give identical results
    if the second of these applies, clearly thats  an end to the suggestion

So, the change must be made early, and advertised widely, and people
given a chance to test.

But even with all that, it would seem odd to me to do this in TL if the
underlying releases don't.  How about making teTeX/fpTeX/gwTeX releases
implementing this change (with pretesting, etc.)?  And at least
mentioning it on their respective technical lists.