[tex-live] Re: Berlios

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 23:51:50 CET 2004

Karl Berry wrote:

>1) When the p4 license expires (which is when ...?), are you going to be
>able to get a renewal?  If that is so, it is news to me, and makes
>switching to CVS (or something) imperative, not just "worth testing".

The license is always a year at a time. it expires in March; but I
assume they'll give us another one.
However, they can pull the plug any time they feel like it.

I want to move to a sourceforge-like CVS environment for 3 reasons
 *  Perforce may decide to abandon their policy of free licenses
 *  We badly want cheap and easy anonymous checkout
 *  We want the extra facilities

>We can sit around debating forever.  It's already set up at berlios.  If
>anyone has time to experiment, let's experiment there, and not to try to
>make final decisions in a vacuum.

Can we make a slightly more formal list of which facilities we are going
to use on Berlios, SF, Sarovar, or whatever?
If I check in the source tree into Berlios, which facilities shall we
play with?

Sebastian