[tex-live] Re: 8 bit again

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Feb 28 13:04:40 CET 2004

At 21:13 27/02/2004, Olaf Weber wrote:

>Perhaps there's a problem there?

no, the problem is in an incomplete cp8bit file as well as differences
between terminal and file output (and tcx handling)

>By the way, also note that cp8bit.tcx does less than its name might
>suggest.

indeed, and that worries me, since it was told to be the solution for the
7/8 bit tex live show-stopper problem, which it isn't

Hartmut and I will submit a new tcx file (natural.tcx) which at least
addresses that problem; also, we're looking into some kind of funny two-way
remapping tab problem we ran into; more later

Hans