[tex-live] Re: [tex-k] .enc, .map and texmf.cnf

Fabrice Popineau fabrice.popineau at supelec.fr
Fri Feb 20 12:21:20 CET 2004

Under Windows NT,2K,XP and under various network configurations, there is
one %TEMP% directory per user. That means they wouldn't be able to share the
generated files.

For a while now, I have set kpathsea to set TEMP and TMP to TEXMFTEMP
whenever TEXMFTEMP is defined in the environment (beware : not in
texmf.cnf!). This TEXMFTEMP variable is set by TeXSetup.exe when running a
NT based version of Windows, its default value is
C:/Program Files/TeXLive/temp
and the directory is created with the right permissions to allow everybody
to write in it and read whatever other people have put there.

Fabrice