[tex-live] perforce problems

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 23:24:36 CET 2004

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>Urgh.  This blindly replaced *all* files, regardless whether it is on
>disk or not.  For large depots as the TeXLive tree this isn't
>acceptable IMHO.

Hey, guys, let's say it one more time: Perforce IS NOT CVS.  Perforce
is a very capable and sophisticated change management system which
requires a very different working method to CVS. You cannot skip between
them
and expect things to work identically.

We have all, I think, agreed that TeX Live should switch to a public CVS
repository
at the end of this cycle. We also, I think, agree that we should not do
this changeover
now.

So, be patient. CVS is coming. And I'll hate it :-}

Sebastian