[tex-live] texmf.cnf is not correct/uptodate

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Feb 11 09:21:52 CET 2004

On Mit, 11 Feb 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> TEXCONFIG does not locate map files, does it?

psfonts.map is searched in TEXCONFIG (that is what I found from dvips
-d-1

And from the source:
name = psmapfile ;
search(configpath, name, READ))

with psmapfile =PSMAPFILE = psfonts,map
and configpath = TEXCONFIG

> I am also not convinced you are seeing the same files as me. the current
> texmf/web2c, which is what
> things should be reading

I was either blind or wasn't in sync. But the problem is still in the
texconfig variable.

But now I see that TEXCONFIG=$TEXMF/{fonts/map,dvips}// which should be
ok.

Sorry for the noise.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
WIGAN (n.)
If, when talking to someone you know has only one leg, you're trying
to treat then perfectly casually and normally, but find to your horror
that your conversion is liberally studded with references to (a) Long
John Silver, (b) Hopalong Cassidy, (c) The Hockey Cokey, (d) 'putting
your foot in it', (e) 'the last leg of the UEFA competition', you are
said to have committed a wigan. The word is derived from the fact that
sub-editors at ITN used to manage to mention the name of either the
town Wigan, or Lord Wigg, in every fourth script that Reginald
Bosanquet was given to read.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff