[tex-live] texlive 2003 -- acronym package missing doc

Itay Furman itayf at fhcrc.org
Mon Feb 9 20:39:39 CET 2004

Hi,

I have noticed that the default installation of the 'acronym'
package in texlive 2003 (texmf/tex/latex/acronym) has only part
of the documentation in texmf/doc/latex/acronym:
	acrotest.dvi  acrotest.tex  readme
The user guide, acronym.dvi, produced from acronym.dtx
is not there.

I was fortunate, in my case, that I didn't check that 'acronym'
is installed in the main texmf tree, because I went to install
it in the public texmf tree; that's how I found out the the doc
is missing.

I don't know how spread is this issue among other packages
installed by texlive.

On somewhat ad different subject: I am willing to try and
help to texlive work. Please let me know what kind of work is
needed and I see to what I could commit my self.
I am a latex user for quite a few years but almost never
did real latex/tex programming. My working environment is linux,
and so far I managed my TeX distribution by myself.
Programming experience: perl, C, and shell (csh/tcsh).
I have limited experience with system administration
((sort of :-) managing my home environment).

	Thanks,
	Itay

            			Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
email: itayf at fhcrc.org		1100 Fairview Avenue N., Mailstop D4-100
phone: +1 (206) 667 5921	P.O. Box 19024
fax:   +1 (206) 667 2917	Seattle, WA  98109-1024