[tex-live] pool files and i386 binaries

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 24 20:00:45 CEST 2004

Norbert Preining writes:

> Hi!
> Great, what has happened to the binaries/pool files on i386-linx???? It
> looks like the change 5698 has introduced pool files which only work
> with the irix binaries. Can anybody confirm this?

The IRIX binaries were rebuilt this afternoon, the Linux binaries may
have been rebuilt too early to have the tex.ch change that affected
the pool files.  (Note that these pool files match the pool files
produced on linux from the web2c sources.)

In other words, I'm very sorry, but I believe the linux binaries will
have to be rebuilt.

--
Olaf Weber