[tex-live] e-TeX schedule

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 1 12:40:06 CEST 2004

Karl Berry writes:

>> Word from Peter Breitenlohner is that e-TeX 2.2 will most likely be
>> available in the first half of september.

> Is there anything crucial in 2.2 that must be in TL 2004?

e-TeX 2.2 is the official release to go with TeX 3.141592.  Nothing
new is in there, just fixes and some cleanup.  However, the current
rework has extended into pdf*tex, which means that "just" going back
to the original 2.1 sources (if that is considered desirable) will
involve some additional work.

> I sure hope not.  I would be even more worried than I am already if we
> cannot start building and testing the final binaries until September!

e-TeX-wise, we should have a stable intermediate state early this
week.

In the mean time, is there anything that _has_ to go in?

--
Olaf Weber