[tex-live] Keeping omega/aleph in sync with tex.ch

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 15 22:17:32 CEST 2004

Olaf Weber writes:

> Example of how the "fingerprint" would work in case of a mismatch:

> infovore:/home/olaf/web2c/src/texk/texk/web2c$ ./tex \&pdftex
> This is TeXk, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.2)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> (Fatal format file error; pdftex.fmt was written by pdftex)

One thing to note is that changes like these should be reflected in
the omega and aleph sources as well -- there have been times where
omega builds would have broken.  But Omega and Aleph don't use tex.ch
directly, instead typically (but not always) it is com16bit.ch that
has to be changed.  Question remains who is responsible for keeping
these bits within reasonable distance of whatever I do to tex.ch.
(I've done it in past, but somewhat haphazardly; is there anyone who
ever bothers to double-check this stuff?)

--
Olaf Weber