[tex-live] FINIS TODAY!

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Sep 26 10:44:11 CEST 2003

At 22:59 25/09/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> > when i am bored i'll have a look at the file list once the cd is on my
> desk;
> >

>I think a good project for someone next year is to specify the REAL
>minimum TeX toolkit for the person who does not have any historical
>associations. So no dvi support at all, no metafont, no Computer Modern
>at all (latin modern instead), etc. pdfetex only. no omega (sorry, guys,
>until its stable and does PDF....). metapost, OK. bibtex, ok. no ps
>utilities.

for context this is some 50 MEG (fonts take up space -); i have a batch
file that generates subset of tex live (so that i can make small snapshots
with updated contexts and keep them in archives); the coming year i'll put
it somewhere for 'external' users to pick up and play with so i expect that
for the next tex live i can provide you with the scripts to 'collect' what
is needed for context (+plain). Only pdf (i have dvips on it just for the
sake of generating outlines using pstoedit). [dvi is still needed for cjk
users who want to use dvipdfmx, but that's only one extra binary)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl