[tex-live] Re: unix binaries: sparc-solaris2.7: mf-nowin: fatal: putbyte(255)

Maksym Polyakov polyama at myrealbox.com
Thu Sep 25 12:33:55 CEST 2003

Hi, Karl

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:40:25AM -0400, Karl Berry (KB) wrote:

KB>     (/opt/TeX/texmf/fonts/source/lh/lh-t2a/laliker.mf)mf-nowin: fatal:
KB>     putbyte(255) failed.
KB> Perhaps the directory mf was trying to output to was not writable?

it's writeable, in fact there was no lh/lh-t2a in /opt/tex/texmf-var/fonts/tfm/,
I created, made sure it's writeable, the same result. On the other habe it was
able to create subdirectory and file
/opt/tex/texmf-var/fonts/source/lh/lh-t2a/larm1000.mf

One more. Under Win2k (the same instalation) .tfm and .pk are created in current dir.

--
m.p.