[tex-live] last minute

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Mon Sep 22 22:48:58 CEST 2003

Volker RW Schaa writes:

 > PS: Manfred and I spent at least 6 hours yesterday to copy and test the DVD
 >     iso images on a windows machine.
 >     don't even think of asking for a report what happened!

Didn't sound good to me, so I decided to test the DVD under Solaris.

Since I have no DVD burner nor reader, I fetched and mounted the DVD image,
and run the install-tl.sh script. The installation was smooth (I went for
all collections); no problems encountered! After that (and fmtutil --all),
I processed a test file with latex, pdflatex and lambda: it worked like a charm.

Some technical notes:
- the only format generated on the fly was tex.fmt, I think. I didn't expect
to have to run fmtutil by hand.
- install creates 10 'local' subdirectories in texmf-var. Unnecessary,
but it doesn't hurt anything.
- I used 'lofiadm' before mounting the iso image. This command is available
under Solaris 8 and 9, but not 7. Just wondering, does anyone have a working
suggestion how to mount this image under Solaris 7?

Kaja