[tex-live] TEXINPUTS, pdfTeX and texmf.cnf

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 22 11:01:31 CEST 2003

     for pdfTeX-based one needs also to create
    another entry in texmf.cnf (for TEXINPUTS so pdftex.cfg can be found).

Gerben, as Seb asked, which formats, specifically, are causing you
support problems?

I had the impression that everything relevant was already included in
texmf.cnf.  Are people really making up their own new formats?  Surely
anyone capable of doing that is capable of adding a line to texmf.cnf?

Certainly it should be fixed, but ... now?

That said, like Seb, I don't see any files under texmf/tex/pdftex that
would cause a conflict.  So if this is really causing a great deal of
trouble for you, I guess we could try adding it to TEXINPUTS.

(BTW, I don't know who created pdftexinfo.tex but it's really ancient
history ...)