[tex-live] STOP: Showstopper on Mac OS X

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Sep 21 17:41:33 CEST 2003

On Sep 21, 2003, at 1:07 AM, Thomas Esser wrote:

> I guess that the difference is that Gerben uses "make install" into
> the real texmf tree whereas most (all?) others just use the binaries
> from "make install" and not the data files.

Close. I use what make install produces next to other texmf trees
(amongst others teTeX's texmf tree which is then in texmf.tetex).
Besides, I think everybody will use some data files (like the .pool
files which are closely related to the binaries after all).

The reason is that I need to be able to update binaries (and support
for binaries) and foundation (texmf) separately.