[tex-live] cp8bit and old bugs

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 18 18:57:50 CEST 2003

At 18:35 18/09/2003 +0400, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

>i just tested with context included into current TeX Live depot, and
>tried to process the file samle.tex which was included into teTeX2.0
>(but is absent in current TeX Live), and it produced an error about
>undefined control sequence \cyrillicK (i've attached that file).

you forgot to load support for the cyrillic encoding vectors as well as to
select a fotn that supports cyrillic; once i feel confident that cyr is
implemented ok, i'll add the regime and encoding by default (as with
others); users can of course preload them in their local initialization file.

\useregime[cyr]        % load input regime vectors
\useencoding[cyr]      % load encoding vectors

\enableregime[cp1251]  % enables input regime
\setupbodyfont[cyr]    % selects font that has proper characters

this produces something on my machine that looks cyrillic

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl