[tex-live] cp8bit and old bugs

Daniel Flipo Daniel.Flipo at univ-lille1.fr
Thu Sep 18 14:54:54 CEST 2003

Staszek Wawrykiewicz writes:

« 2. Daniel Flipo reported the problem with french lshort, but it is still
« not resolved. Daniel, just use il1-t1.tcx and forget using inputenc ;-}

Sorry, Staszek, inputenc is the *standard* latex way of inputing
8-bit chars (documented in every book about LaTeX!), using il1-t1.tcx
is NOT documented!
Will *you* explain every LaTeX user he/she has to change this?

*I* know how to compile lshort with the result I want, I just
report that the way has changed from TL7, and that we should be ready
for users complaints/questions...

Daniel Flipo.