[tex-live] Technical showstoppers for TL2003

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Sep 13 18:55:17 CEST 2003

    maybe TeX should read some TCX file, say, default.tcx which will be

As the simplest solution for this release, reading the file default.tcx
seems sensible to me, instead of introducing configuration file changes.
But either way.

And I agree with having something like a 7bit.tcx to get the default ^^
behavior, since it's presumably easy to do and provides a fallback for
any documents out there that might be depending on that behavior.

The crucial point is that, one way or another, cp8bit.tcx will end up
being used by default.  And the system locale settings (LC_ALL and the
like) do not influence TeX's behavior.  Right?