[tex-live] Political showstopper

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Sep 13 13:55:08 CEST 2003

On Sam, 13 Sep 2003, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> The copyright text inside the book states that you are not
> permitted to copy or distribute the cdrom. Neither the text in the book

THis is completely unacceptable!

> - I'm writing a message to RMS explaining what the problem is and asking
> if the FSF can help us (or at least me and the ones willing to be
> involved in it) in dealing with this past situation (suing editors ? or
> at least threatening them).
>
> - I don't want to put any Windows version of the programs on TL2003 if
> nothing is done to _prevent people to steal the copyright this way_.
>
> You can expect me to make as much noise as possible about this
> situation.

IMHO -- a non-lawyer, I really would support this. If they put in
TeXlive, they should do it properly!

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
`I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very
depressed.'
`Life, don't talk to me about life.'
`Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to
take you down to the bridge. Call that "job satisfaction"?
'Cos I don't.'
`I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my
left side.'
                 --- Guess who.