[tex-live] Status 'TeX Collection' (CTAN part)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 11 10:59:46 CEST 2003

    > Does this mean the production will *start* on Oct 2, or be *complete* on
    > Oct 2?  Just asking for information.

    It should be completed.

Ok, good, I'm glad to hear that.

    > And do these dates include the CTAN CD set?
    Not yet. That shall start after the DVD is ready and will take at
    least one or two weeks.

Ok, good to know that too.  Thanks.

    5 GB (1 GB more than last year), so it will be more challenging than
    last year to shrink it to CD.

Perhaps need to have an additional CD.  (I realize that would make the
price higher, but ... whatever has to be done.)

    Was the CD set meant as an addition to TeX Live demo and
    installation CDs?

No, people could potentially order only CTAN and no TL, so I think it'd
be good to leave tetex/fptex on there.  Sorry.

    keeping the original file structure
    from TL DVD image and just adding a ctan directory seemed to be easier

Ok, agreed.  I will create the additional top-level README & LICENSE
files for the DVD (only) shortly.

Thanks much,