[tex-live] metapost

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Wed Oct 8 23:09:12 CEST 2003

> i see /base there, shouldn't that be
>   texmf/metapost/plain
> since /base is meant as subtree for packages.

texmf/metapost has less structure than texmf/tex, because at the
time we discussed that on the TDS list, it seemed enough to have
texmf/metapost/<package>.

texmf/metapost/base just holds the files that come with the original
metapost distribution. It is not ment to be used for other packages.

> influence future ones, like
>   MPINPUTS.metafun = .;$TEXMF/metapost/{context,plain,}//

Currently, we have no different "formats" for metapost, so I don't see
a reason to introduce a "plain" directory. Nor do I see a need for such
complicated search paths.

Other opinions?

Thomas