[tex-live] TL production

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 17 11:06:55 CET 2003

    The worst variant is to zap texmf/source/ which, in fact, is much bigger
    then working texmf/tex/ :-}

It can't be zapped without legal ramifications -- you'd have to keep
those exact sources available online for several years.  Seems like the
LaTeX files could be compressed though, at the usual cost of compression
(can't directly inspect, etc.).  That's 90+% of what's in source/

Actually, I don't see the real sources (tex.web for instance) in
source/, what's in source/ now looks like fonts and dtx files and so on.

Shouldn't the real sources get installed, at least under the "all
packages" option?  (Which is what I used.)  I don't think it's 100%
necessary according to the letter of the law, but that would definitely
be in keeping with the spirit.  Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.