[tex-live] CD /DVD images (some notes)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 18 11:22:10 CEST 2003

    c) put the downloadable sources somewhere on the net (and update

On the net is no problem, since they will be available from ctan (or at
least tug.org, if we update the versions on ctan after building the
final images, which hopefully we won't :).

However, we also have to offer to do it on a physical medium.  But I
don't think this is a problem either.

   AFAIK knoppix does it this way and has nearly no requests
   because of the written offer, so this seems to be doable.

Right.  So if compressing the sources doesn't make it all fit, I guess
we'll do this.