[tex-live] CD /DVD images (some notes)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 14:14:29 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 14:09, Karl Berry wrote:

> I fear that /source/ is needed.  Well, at least it would be simpler if
> it was included.  If it's not included, then we have to keep the exact
> sources used around for three years (at least), and add another README
> about where to get the sources electronically or on CD -- and that would
> be different for the cd's distributed by Dante vs. TUG, since obviously
> no one group can be responsible for distributing "source" cd's to everyone.
> Complications ...

It does seem perverse, though, to make a 3 disk set, to have to put
the source on all of them. the README could say "this CD is intended to
be distributed alongside the main TeX Live CD/DVD, which contain the
full sources". this demo CD is a snapshot derived from the main CD, not
a product in its own right

sebastian