[tex-live] CD images

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 19:02:27 CEST 2003

In message <200306111402.h5BE2Gn15626 at f7.net> karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) writes:
>     However, I may have a usable subset of the
>     current TL which fits on a cdrom and that could be used on both linux
>     and win32.
>
> Yes, we definitely want to have a live (demo/subset) cd, as we
> discussed.  That's what we've been promising.
>
> However, that's a different issue from whether the dvd is live, or just
> a copy of the installable cd.  For simplicity, my suggestion was to make
> it the same as the installable.

no! the DVD is to be live! its simply a copy of the entire Master
tree. it has its own installer for unix, install-dvd.sh

> So I guess we're going to need at least two "runtime" directories.  I'm
> not sure what Master corresponds to right now -- I don't see anything
> compressed there ... Help?

read Master/Tools/MakeCD.sh to see how I propose to  build
both compressed installable CD, and the live demo CD. we might
use Fabrice's method instead, but the logic should be clear
(at least to you, since you can grok sh :-})

sebastian