[tex-live] Problems compiling on alpha

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jul 29 18:18:26 CEST 2003

Hi friends!

I have the following problem compiling texlive on alpha:

rm -f libt1lib.a
ar cru libt1lib.a t1cs.o t1interp.o t1item.o t1font.o t1mm.o t1rw.o t1unparser.o psres.o
ar: libt1lib.a: Input/output error

The problem is in the mminstance, which was updated -- but I am not sure
wether correct.

I also think that it might be a problem with g++ and mminstance, i.e.
that mminstance requires a more recent compiler (here we have
gcc-2.95.4).

Do you have any ideas?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien