[tex-live] beta-texlive2003-live-20030728.iso: pdfetex.pool doesn't match

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue Jul 29 03:53:28 CEST 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, George White wrote:

> configured to run from the mounted iso image.  The install script didn't
> work for me, so I modified my path, created the /usr/local/share/texmf-var and
> texmf-local dirs, put a modified texmf.cnf in ../texmf-var/web2c, and set
> VARTEXMF=usr/local/share/texmf-var.

Very strange. install-tl.sh installs in /usr/TeX by default. Even if
you've changed the default TEXDIR to eg. /usr/local/share/, you do not
need seting VARTEXMF. Did you have any TeX specific environment variables
set _before_ running install-tl.sh? Which platform?

>  With this setup, mktexmft worked for etex,
> but not for pdfetex:
> ! pdfetex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
> Error: `pdfetex -ini  -jobname=pdfetex -progname=pdfetex *pdfetex.ini' failed
>
> Can someone confirm whether the pdfetex.pool is the right one?

Unfortunatelly no. We still keep pdf(e)tex.pool for pdftex 1.10b
(web2c 7.4.5) because not all binaries sets were remade (win32) and
pdftex is still changing. I can send you proper .pool files

Kind regards,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl