[tex-live] status report on TL? (LaTeX release)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Jul 28 04:34:43 CEST 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Karl Berry wrote:

> Gerben, I don't mean to imply that I want any sort of restrictions or to
> make any of your work harder.  (Not that policy questions are up to me,
> anyway, of course.)  Just the opposite.
>
> I've lost track of what the real issue is here.  Are there procedural
> changes of some sort that would make things better for you?

If I understand the whole discussion, we need the _same_ source/
(not source.development/) for including on CDs/DVD and for remaking
all binaries. Otherwise, we cannot distribute old source/ tarball
which is completelly different from the current state.

BTW, current win32 tex is Web2c 7.4.5 but for Linux it is 7.5.2

I hope that after last changes to pdftex source.development can
be promoted to source, then binaries for all platforms should be
rebuit again _from_ source/ for the release of TL mastered by Lehmans.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl