[tex-live] cb fonts repackaged

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jul 26 21:57:25 CEST 2003

>  > I'm so sorry, but I repackaged cb fonts:
>  > mf+tfm -> cb (still installed by default for tex-langgreek collection)
>  > pfb and other files -> cbtype1 (tex-fontsextra collection)
>
> Unless there are other greek fonts on the demo CD, that would make
> demonstration of TeX for Greek language cumbersome.

not really. it's just a bit slower, as PK files will be generated

> I think we should aim for supporting as many languages on a demo CD
> as we can. If we're in megabyte trouble (again), isn't it possible
> to trim big packages to a minimum needed for demonstration purposes?

personally, given the amount of volunteer time available, I am not in
favour of complicated solutions which make the demo cd different from
the others. the idea that you get more files if you install package foo
from inst as opposed to demo is fairly horrifying...
--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services