[tex-live] August 1 deadline?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jul 26 21:57:14 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 16:54, Karl Berry wrote:
> Just to throw out an arbitrary date -- any chance we could be done,
> really done, on, say, August 1?  That's a week from today.  (Yikes.)  If
> not then, when?  Any thoughts on a realistic deadline?
>
> Issues that come to mind:
> 1. Documentation translations.
> 2. System binaries.
> 3. Demo image size.
>

> I know Volker and other important people are still at TUG2003, but I
> thought I'd get the discussion started, at least ...

we cannot really start a final compile until Martin thinks pdftex is
complete...

demo image size we can fix easily; but translations will take a lot
longer

I am fairly happy that the texmf tree is OK, after recent testing and
fixes. of course, it is never perfect,  but the current round of
fontmap-related stuff looks good.

Sebastian