[tex-live] status report on TL? (LaTeX release)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 26 10:13:27 CEST 2003

    1. Image = CD = published version, major number (i.e. TL7 TL8). The

Agreed, except we're calling it TL2003 now, not TL8.

    2. source tree. Updated once a while when fixes and improvements have

It seems to me the source should always match what is being
distributed.  In fact, it pretty much has to.

    It is probably not a good idea to have a second image.

I guess you mean a second development image, as I was half-heartedly
mentioning as a possibility.  I don't really like the idea of making a
new release that is only for the web, I was just responding to Thomas.

I think the current situation, where we have last year's release
(obviously frozen) and current development, is fine.  IMHO,
source.development simply causes confusion and should be excised.  But
it's not up to me.

Meanwhile, let's concentrate on getting this year's release done :).