[tex-live] British hyphenation not freely distributable?

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jul 25 23:02:53 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:51:45PM +0200, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> British hyphenation patterns not freely distributable?

some lines below your quoted text, permission is granted to distribute this
file. Still, this does not make it free software. The file disallows any
modifications and this violates our rules.

Is there anybody in the mood of contacting the author or uk-tug? I think
that they'd be very suprised to see TL8 without "their" patterns.

Thomas

PS: still in Hawaii...