[tex-live] status report on TL? (LaTeX release)

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Fri Jul 25 13:36:30 CEST 2003

Karl Berry writes:

 >     fabrice> if we can delay this up to August, 25th or something like
 >     that, it is more realistic for me.
 >
 > I see.  Well, there's certainly no way to produce it before you're happy
 > with the Windows stuff, so I guess we're now talking end of August for
 > production and early September before mailing.  Ok, August 25th it is,
 > unless Volker feels strongly that we should delay.

I support Karl's proposal. Aug 25th seems a bit late, but it's
still cose to the max 2-3 weeks of acceptable delay (per Volker
and Karl's discussion). Also, my department (people and machines)
will be moving to new buildings, beginning late August. I'd like
to have the production of TL8 on tug.org finalized by then!

Kaja