[tex-live] status report on TL? (LaTeX release)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jul 19 16:13:13 CEST 2003

On Fre, 18 Jul 2003, Karl Berry wrote:

> I guess my inclination is be conservative and release with the old latex
> asap.  As annoying as that is, it also will give everyone breathing room
> to test the new latex, see if any major packages need to be updated as
> well, etc., etc.  But I guess I could be convinced to wait if that's the
> consensus from everyone else ... ?

I support your idea. LaTeX is stable enough without the new version, and
those who *really* need the new code are able to install it by
themselves. Waiting and hoping for a fast release without testing is
more dangerous.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien