[tex-live] status report on TL?

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Thu Jul 17 16:09:16 CEST 2003

Sebastian Rahtz writes:

 > Does this sound right?

Sounds good to me.

 > what bothers me is the binary version. I'd really
 > get to get a clean new source recompiled everywhere, but it is not right
 > at the moment, since at least two of us cannot compile cleanly even
 > under Linux.

Nor could I under Solaris, today (compilation was done in source/).
The error looks weird (I haven't yet had time to look into it):

 srcdir=. /bin/sh ./web2c/convert tangleboot
 ',rse error: Last token = 288 ( ), error buffer = `
         last id = `optiontable' (variable).
 ./web2c/convert: conversion of tangleboot.p failed, moving dregs:
 ./web2c/convert:   mv tangleboot.c tangleboot.h /tmp
 make[4]: *** [tangleboot.c] Error 1

The time-frame for TeX Live 8/2003 has been early August - which is
two or so weeks from now. So it's about time to start compilations?

Kaja