[tex-live] md5

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Sun Jul 13 13:23:53 CEST 2003

On Saturday, Jul 12, 2003, at 01:11 Europe/Amsterdam, Fabrice Popineau
wrote:

>> I freely confess to not knowing the answer.  Can Fabrice explain
>> libs/md5?
>
> Hmmm  ... possibly  useless.   I looked for an   md5  lib when  I
> added
> dvipdfmx, and I guess that was one of my  attempts. I ended up by
> taking
> out the few   files  needed  out  of   openssl and putting  them
> under
> texk/dvipdmfx/crypto.

Is that a strategy used more? Because IMO it would be better to include
OpenSSL (like it is done with other support stuff like ncurses) so it
can be updated simply if necessary. OTOH MD5 is pretty stable, so for
this item it is not a big deal.

"To be or not to be, that is the question" -- Parmenides