[tex-live] TL8

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 6 19:43:33 CEST 2003

    Will TL8 be also available as CD isos or only as DVD iso.

I had the impression that an ISO is an ISO, and if the ISO is small
enough, it can be burned on CD.  The scripts just run mkisofs (with a
zillion options).

    I still don't have a dvd burner, so I'll like to know.

We intend to make three distributions of TeX Live in 2003:

1) `demo' - fits on cd, can be run live (or installed), missing a few packages.
2) `inst' - fits on cd, must be installed to disk (cannot be run live),
   complete.
3) `live' - must have dvd (does not fit on cd), can be run live (or
   installed), complete.

So the answer is that dvd will not be required for TeX Live 2003.

Thanks,