[tex-live] Re: tex4ht bugfix

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:56:20 +0100 (CET)

Eitan Gurari <gurari@cis.ohio-state.edu> wrote on Tue, 28 Jan 2003:
> The only issue needing resolution is with regard to the i-records that
> provide directions to the htf files:
>      i@texmf@\tex4ht\ht-fonts\!

Yes, it's just what I asked for. As my knowledge is no so deep in the
source's nuances, I'll try to recapitulate:
1. web2c/kpathsea version uses texmf.cnf with the following:

TEX4HTFONTSET=alias,iso8859
TEX4HTINPUTS=.;$TEXMF/tex4ht/base//;$TEXMF/tex4ht/ht-fonts/{$TEX4HTFONTSET}//
T4HTINPUTS=.;$TEXMF/tex4ht/base//

which seems to be OK as default.

2. .;$TEXMF/tex4ht/base// contains specific for tex4ht stuff
tex4ht.env configuration file, which can/should be configurable by the user
and can be found a) in the working directory, then b) in the subdirectories
tex4ht/base/ existing in (expanded) $TEXMF, but (as for kpathsea)
only first hit matches.

3. the only problem left is how to set i-records in tex4ht.env
to be configurable by the user and really read by tex4ht.
@texmf@/, kpatsea{TEXMF}/, ~~/ or some other notation should be adopted
and used in a consistent way in tex4ht.in (sources) and ready tex4ht.env.

Ps. Olaf, many thanks for extracting tex4htk for testing.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl