[tex-live] images in PS output

Giuseppe Greco giuseppe.greco at agamura.com
Fri Feb 21 23:12:13 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 23:06, Thomas Esser wrote:
> > I usually generate PDF and PS output starting from the same DVI
> > file... well, the page size of the generated PS documents is
> > correct (A4), while the page size of the generated PDF documents
> > is wrong (215 x 279.4 mm).
>
> Try
>   dvips ... -t a4 ...
> and/or
>   gs ... sPAPERSIZE=a4 ...
>
> For me, any of these two solves this problem.

Thomas,

Thanks, this solves the problem... but I don't
understand why it doesn't work without one of
these options since the preamble of my tex
file starts with

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

I've the same problem when I use LaTeX to
transform a *.fo file into a *.dvi -> *.pdf
file (I use this to generate PDF/PS output
from DocBook files).

Gius_.