[tex-live] anon ftp access to TeX Live perforce

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Feb 12 16:58:46 CET 2003

On Mit, 12 Feb 2003, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> >  - it freezes from Austria, but not Germany

This time it was working. Maybe it is because of various firewalls
between the end points filtering out ftp-data on unusual areas. My idea:
If you have linux-2.4 stateful firewall, the ftp netfilter module only
checks the connections on ftp and not on 6666, so that the reverse stuff
is not working because the connection is not acceptet as related.

My simple experience. If you want more testing, I will take a look into
our firewall log files.

> >  - it gives Karl an "invalid username"

This is really strange.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien