[tex-live] texlive 8

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 6 09:20:55 CET 2003

    Janusz makes a case for the current setup;

Um, I don't think it was so much a case for the "current setup" as for
having a live cd (which I agree with), whether or not there is also an
installable cd.  Is that right, Janusz?

So as long as we bring that to fruition, I think everyone will be happy.

    1 DVD with the expanded tree,

Should the dvd really have the expanded tree?  I think it would be
better to have the compressed version.  Otherwise, by your own count,
you have already filled it up (1.3gb is how much Volker said was
available after ctan).

    can those of who work for user groups consult your
    committees on this subject?

Ok.

    By the way, I would not propose to change the Perforce setup
    at this stage.

I certainly agree that perforce should not include compressed tar files :).