[tex-live] texlive 8

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Feb 5 17:35:53 CET 2003

"FP" == Fabrice Popineau writes:

 FP> I'm fine with this as long as you do not clutter the texmf tree
 FP> with symlinks :-) (and well, I could always duplicate the files)

mkisofs is very feature-full, and can handle this gracefully (if the
proper options are used): it can export jolliet filenames for symlinks
as plain filenames (aliases); it can store "hard links" on cd, without
duplicating file contents, etc.

e.g., it's possible to write the make-texlive-iso script in such a way
that it will make all symlinks visible in jolliet extensions (for
windows) as regular files.

Best,
v.