[tex-live] texlive 8

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 5 08:39:38 CET 2003

    I agree with Karl Berry: the TeXbook and Metafontbook sources
    (texman.tex and mfman.tex)

Actually it's texbook.tex and mfbook.tex.

    What about getting Don's latest fixes incorporated in the
    distribution?  It would be a shame to delay them for another 1.5 years

I agree.  I doubt the changes are at all problematic to include.

By the way, I have one other heretical idea: now that the numbers are
getting so big, start using years instead to label the distribution --
TL 2003, TL 2004.  The different versions can be distinguished
just as easily either way.